Here are some sample answers from our most recent math test. Hopefully this will help shed some light on the various strategies your child might be trying to use. Please sign and return the test if you haven’t already. I will send it home again promptly so you can use it to practice further if your wish. There will be more opportunities this term for the children to demonstrate their subtracting and problem solving skills. Your child can let me know on Monday if they feel they need to do a retest
1. What statement is correct?
a) 4286 is greater than 4231
b) 4286 is less than 4231
c) 2468 < 7863
d) both a and c
2. Which answer shows the numbers ordered from least to greatest?
8971, 3498, 982, 20
3498, 8971, 20, 982
20, 982, 3498, 8971
20, 982, 8971, 3498
3. What is the sum of 28 + 46? Show your thinking in your math notebook.
4. What is the difference of 63 – 37?
5. I have two containers of milk. One is 400mL and one is 600mL. How much milk do I have all together?